Helicobacter Pylori is a nasty little bacteria that can cause absolute havoc in our bodies. It is the most common gut infection and is often linked to acidity (e.g. GERD, acid reflux), chronic stomach pain and stomach ulcers.
It’s amazing how many symptoms a little bacteria can cause so many issues.
Data suggests that some people don’t even experience any symptoms. Here’s just some of the symptoms that may occur when you have an H. pylori infection:
- Mood imbalances
- Intercostal pain (rib cage pain)
- Burning/gnawing sensation
- Sore throat, particularly after sleeping
- Digestive problems: such as diarrhea, constipation, bloating, acid reflux, indigestion, nausea, bad breath, loss or gain of appetite, gas, etc
- Food feels like it sits in the stomach
- A feeling of fullness after eating a small amount of food
- Stomach cramps
- Stomach or intestinal ulcers
- Sinus issues
- Weight loss
- Hormonal symptoms (e.g. PMS)
- Joint pains or muscle spasms
- Nutrient deficiencies
….and the list goes on.
Please note: you don’t have to suffer from ALL of these symptoms to have H. pylori. There are many others.
There’s plenty of natural and very effective ways to treat this, but it’s important to do this properly, otherwise it doesn’t completely eradicate it. H. pylori is also very good at hiding, but there are ways to get it!!
There are 4 different tests to detect whether you have H. pylori, but I believe stool testing and breath tests are the most accurate. I offer both of these tests. Feel free to email me at kathryn@routestonutrition if you would like any more information.