This is crazy and so sad, that under 12’s are being prescribed antidepressants https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44934589
Here’s just some of the ways you can help to heal the brain.
1. Start with diet. Aim for a clean diet if you can. Try to cut out junk foods and any foods that irritate you / or you are intolerant to (e.g. gluten, dairy, salicylates, oxalates, histamines).
2. Find out your own personal nutritional deficiencies and imbalances. Many minerals such as magnesium, zinc & copper play a massive role in depression, anxiety & mood.
3. Support gut health – The gut and brain are so closely related. I offer clients a whole range of ways to improve gut health when needed (e.g. stomach acid support, gut healing supplements & a whole range of enzymes).
4. Sleep – this is how the body and brain repair itself.
5. Liver & gallbladder – have a huge role in our health, including filtering toxins from the body. If detox is not working well, brain inflammation can occur.
6. Treat any underlying toxins: bacterial infections, parasites, yeast and heavy metals (e.g. mercury, lead).